Good News for Train Travelers. Get a confirmed a ticket or even after the chart is prepared.
Indian Railways has updated new rule for current booking availability for last-minute passengers. With this trick, passengers can now get a ticket in running train.
What’s Current Booking?
- Allowing passengers to book tickets after reservation chart is prepared.
- Booking closes before 30 minutes of train departure
- Can be booked online at IRCTC or at Railway station counter
- Ticket costs the same as General Quota tickets.
- No extra charges.
Problems in the present model
- Remote quota station tickets of that train route are in the hands of TTE
- Passenger have to pay the extra amount to TTE for confirmation
- No option of current booking once the train starts the journey
New Updated rule for Current booking -Indian Railways
“If there are some seats still available between Remote Quota stations of that train route. Then passenger can book a ticket for that station at IRCTC website even though the train had already started”
- Bhopal Samparkaranti Started on 27th Nov from YESVANTPUR/ Bangalore.
- Someone from Bhopal like travel from Bhopal to new Delhi on 3AC on 28th
- He checks the availability between Bhopal and New Delhi on 28th after noon
- As in below image you can see, there are 38 seats available from Bhopal to New Delhi in Samparkaranti Train
- Person can directly book at IRCTC website and board the train.
What are the Benefits?
Get Confirmed train ticket in the last moment
- Without paying tatkal charges
- Without paying any bribe to TTE
Who is most beneficiary of this?
- Last minute train travelers
- Passengers who did not get Tatkal confirmed
- Passengers who are on Waiting list
- Mostly seats available for 4-15 hr train journey folks
What’s the impact?
- Reduces TTE corruption, as TTE can’t book a ticket to the future station, as someone may book a ticket online.
- Remote quota /stations Chart is given to TTE at that location, so TTE’s are also do not know who will board in the next station.
- Helps passengers to get confirm ticket in train without paying the extra amount
- TTE corruption is reduced
- Railways revenue increased, as in most of such cases, either TTE allots such seats to the passenger by receiving some cash or seats are never occupied as no one is aware of that.
Currently, availability tickets can only be booked on Remote Quota stations, not for all station of the train route.
TTE still have control in booking tickets for Intermediate stations.
Thanks to Suresh Prabhu, Railway Minister, IRCTC and railway official for allowing passengers to do such booking. Expecting more such initiatives, soon.
Chat with co-passengers and get all train related information