All of us have travelled with the Indian Railways at least once and been in many situations that arise before the departure. We wish to know the PNR Status of our ticket if it is in Waitlist or RAC, when would a Train arrive or about its Departure Enquiry and what not.
We do know that Railway has a centralized call centre for all our queries but sometimes we may not prefer to make any calls and wish that our query be solved by an SMS. And so thinking about the convenience of user, Indian Railway has listed the SMS Codes using which users can make use of multiple services by just sending an SMS.
Codes for different SMS based Railway enquiries:
- SMS: PNR <10 Digit PNR Number> to 139
- For example: PNR 4341568666
- SMS: AD <Train number> <STD code of Station>
- For example: AD 12012 011
- SMS: SEAT <Train number> <DOJ ddmmyy> <Station from: STD code> <station to: STD code> <class> <Quota>
- For example SEAT 12561 010712 0542 0571 SL G
- SMS: FARE <Train number> < DOJ ddmmyy> <Station from: STD code> <station to: STD code> <class> <Quota>
- For Example: FARE 12561 010712 0542 0571 SL G
- SMS: TIME <train number>
- For example: TIME 12561
- SMS: SPOT <train number> or LOCATE <train number>
- For example: SPOT 12561 or LOCATE 12561
- SMS: TN <train number> or SMS: TN <train name>
- For Example TN 12724 or TN AP EXPRESS
- Quota is optional field. For example, please enter G for general, CK for Tatkal.
- For CLASS field, please enter 1A for First AC, 2A for Second AC, 3A for third AC, SL for Sleeper, CC for AC Chair Car, 2S for Second Sitting
- The service is also available on USSD for Reliance, Uninor, Tata DoCoMo and Vodafone Telephone Service Providers. Just dial *139# to avail the USSD facility for enquiry of PNR, Arrival/Departure etc.
if you need all the above services Free then download – OMitra – Train Social App Enter Your PNR @ Connect with Co-Passenger – Live Train Updates – PNR updates – Food in Train – Cab Booking – Current Booking – Seat Availability.